The Web Focus Tool Administrator will provide technical and administrative support for our Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting platform. They will have the primary responsibility of growing user adoption by proactively providing day-to-day assistance to Reporting Teams and other end users in the effective use of the Web Focus Tool.
The Web Focus Tool Administrator will be responsible for various aspects of Web Focus implementation, training, maintenance, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and support.
This position will function as a lead technology expert and must demonstrate a strong mix of technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills. The ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind are key attributes for this role.
This is a full-time employee position within Allegis Group’s Information Services Department.
• Use knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence and Reporting to provide expert level support for the Web Focus BI Intelligence Tool
• Responsible for creating and maintaining Data Adapters in collaboration with the Allegis Data Management Team.
• Responsible for monitoring the security, user roles, and WebFocus client portals.
• Responsible for establishing the new BI portal for external and internal environments.
• Responsible for maintaining Development, Test, Load and Production environments.
• Work closely with Allegis and Information Builders to sync latest releases and patch them accordingly.
• Work closely with Reporting Teams and other end users to ensure the optimal functioning of reports, analytics & dashboard operations.
• Serve as the primary technical point of contact for support and issues concerning the business intelligence tool.
• Train end users on the effective use of the business intelligence tool
• Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the business intelligence tool
• Establish and maintain documented system procedures in order to ensure consistency in use across the various user populations
• Prepare business users for upgrades, maintenance, and other events that will impact availability of the business intelligence tool
• Assist in identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems relating to the business intelligence tool
• Respond to problem tickets; communicate status to customers, implement and document resolutions.
• Coordinate and collaborate with multiple partners including business stakeholders, Enterprise Operations, and Data Management as necessary
• Other tasks as assigned
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelors or technical degree in related field (computer science, information systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of tool administrator experience
• 2+ years of experience with BI tools, preferably Web Focus
• Proficiency with Microsoft SQL
• Familiarity with using SSAS Tabular models
• Demonstrated troubleshooting proficiency
• Proven ability to analyze and understand business reporting requirements
• Experience with Database and Data Warehouse concepts
• Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to effectively and concisely communicate orally and in writing across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, highly collaborative environment
• Focus on quality and continuous improvement
• Broad knowledge of other disciplines within Information Services
• Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
• Customer Service
• Building Relationships
• Business Knowledge / Organizational Acumen
• Self-Motivation/Self Starter
• Leading Self and Others