The Domain Architect (DA) is a member of a delivery team, supporting both new development/product-based efforts, and production support; and is considered the highest-level domain technology expert.
The DA is responsible for:
- The assessment of business requirements; approval of technical requirements; creation of technical specifications and solution design documents.
- Initial work item estimate sizing for business prioritization and planning purposes.
- Presenting designs to the Enterprise Architecture team for review after initial design and prior to production implementation.
- Technology solutions that require development to be viable - i.e., business applications, LOB applications, workflow systems, purchased applications, developed applications, and applications integration; subsequently guiding solution execution from design to production.
- The quality and integrity of a solution; and is ultimately responsible for its viability in the Production environment.
- Maintenance of the Enterprise Portfolio Management (EPM) tool Troux for Allegis Group systems and technologies
- Serve as the strategic point of view for Professional Services as a whole, which initially will be PeopleSoft focused but will change as the next generation software is chosen